Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Do I have time?
It's made with sock yarn, of which I have loads (but socks take freakin forever, so I've only ever made one pair of grown up socks).
I have some great brown and cream sock yarn (the official color is "Taffy" . . . mmmmm)
I also love these . . .
. . . but I DEFINITELY don't have time for these.
Plus I've learned a few new crochet stitches this week. I've been trying to make a little Amigurumi dog, based on this pattern:
(actually a pit bull, but it's "pugging" up nicely)
LOOK HOW CUTE!!!
Friday, September 17, 2010
1) Baby Golden Dome Hat 2.0. I revamped the pattern with a turned up brim, the smaller needles means it's taking longer than the first. Almost done.
2) Baby Pirate Gear for baby Rob+Kate. My BFF Megan's former neighbor is preggers, and she and her husband are a just gaga for pirates. I found a few designs that I want to try out when we know the sex of said baby. Due by March.
For a girl, Skull Jumper
For a boy, "Piraten-Pulli" (or something similar, as the pattern is in German).
I'm thinking something like the sweater/jackets I always do but striped with a skull and bones on it.
I also have that Best-Dressed teddy bear book, which has a pirate outfit for a bear, which I could modify for a baby (girl or boy).
3) I also want to do a bear like this with a Winnie the Pooh look. I'm redoing our 2nd bedroom with a vintage Pooh Bear look, so I hand-made Pooh will fit in nicely. Due end of April ;)
4) A girl on the floor at work is due in March, so I figured I could make her a little something. She works for Nicktoons, so maybe a little Ninja Turtle thing, or an Airbender thing.
There is a lull in pregnant ladies right now (thank god) so I can focus on own projects.
5) One thing up in the air is my (former) god-daughter . . . too much drama to get into why she is "former". Her birthday is in February and she deserves a gift, even if her parents are complete a-holes to me. I was planning on doing something for the bear I gave her last year. Sigh. There's time to decide. Maybe a jacket. (Apparently last year she was more interested in the scarf that came on the bear than the bear itself, but she was 1, so I guess any interest is a success.)
6) I was planning to do an alphabet baby blanket, but I can't seem to get up the energy to plan it out properly. There are great letter patterns out there, and they knit up very quickly. It's really just finding the time right now.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Things are a little slow today, so instead of cleaning my desk or organizing my paperwork, I have been searching for cute things on Ravelry.
One Skein Hooded Baby Sweaterby "Vintage"
Infant Hooded Cape
Vintage Crochet Bonnet, Sacque, Booties Set
by "charmingcrochet" on Etsy
Monster Boots and Mitts
by Alison Jenkins, in "Wacky Baby Knits" Book
In fact, this whole book is kind of amazing. If someone wants to buy it for me, I promise to make something adorable for any of your children or future children.