I was shocked -- SHOCKED I tell you -- to discover that someone on Pinterest had not yet already made these. I expect to become a Pinterest celebrity with this one.
Fresh Basil leaves
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (either in balls or a solid block)
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Cut bottom off cherry tomato. This allows the tomato to stand up alone, and create the hat for the snowman.
2. Insert toothpick into top of tomato.
3. Carve out a ball of mozzarella, if using a block. Shape into a sphere and place onto toothpick on top of tomato.
4. Fold Basil leave in half and place onto toothpick.
5. Make a smaller sphere of mozzarella for the head (I used pieces that broke off while shaping the body piece). Place on toothpick.
6. Place tomato "hat" on toothpick.
7. Serve with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
8. Create a Snowman Army that will defend you snack table (optional).